1. Collection of t-shirt & running bibs
- Collection of running t-shirts / bibs and other entitlements shall be held on 6th May, 2017 (Saturday) from 10:00am to 5:00pm at the BSG The Galleria, 52 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Georgetown, Penang. Tel: +60 4-229 6288.
- The organisers will try to fulfill the t-shirt sizing indicated by participants on the entry form. However it is not a guarantee that participants shall be provided the “correct” sizes if any discrepancy occurs that is out of the organisers’ control. There shall be no size exchange allowed during the collection day.
- There will be NO collection held on the event day itself.
- Failure to collect running bib numbers at the time and place indicated means that participant will not be allowed to participate on event day.
- Wearing of official running bib during the event is compulsory, while wearing of official event is strongly encouraged.
- Strictly no exchange of race bib numbers is allowed, and participants who are found to have done so will be disqualified immediately.
- No registration is required for 17km competitive runners as participant is compulsory to wear the given timing chip.
- Registration starts at 6:00am-6:20am for fun run partcipants.
- Late comers will be disqualified.
3. Starting Point
- Please refer to the route online.
- Runners must follow the route at all times and are not allowed to divert or take short-cuts. Participants who do not follow this will be disqualified.
- For competition runners, there will be timing chip check-point along the route.
- Please follow the directions given by officials along the route at all times. Officials have the right to disqualify runners at any point along the route for not following the rules.
- Due to traffic conditions, there will be a time limit for all participants. A sweeper vehicle may be utilized to pick up all remaining runners who the organisers feel may not complete the event within the stipulated time.
- If any participant does not wish to enter the sweeper vehicle when instructed, then he/she is deemed to be no longer a part of the event and their safety will not be the responsibility of the organisers. Their bibs and timing chip will be taken away, and they will not be qualified for medals / certificates / lucky draws.
5. Finishing Point
- The finishing point will also be at BSG The Galleria, 52 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Georgetown, Penang.
- All participants are required to complete their run at the respective categories’ stations.
- Upon completion, participants are required to show their race bib in exchange for goodies bag / medals at their respective counters.
- Only finishers who complete within the stipulated time shall be provided with finisher medals and lucky draws coupon.
- Please do not crowd the finishing area and make your way to the drink / rest areas as soon as possible.
6. Time Limit
- The time limit for competition run is 2.5 hours, while fun run is 1.5 hour.
- Any participant who wishes to withdraw during the event is required to hand in their race bib numbers to any official along the route.
8. Medical Assistance
- Where possible, organisers shall attempt to have medical teams along the route. However, participants are requested to take care of their own safety before, during and after the event.
- In the event that participant requires medical assistance, please seek the help of the nearest official.
- Participants are required to run on the road excepts as directed by the official or police.
- Unauthorized vehicles are NOT allowed to accompany the runners.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
10. Winner Prizes
- Cash Prizes for the winners are in Ringgit Malaysia. Runners are ONLY allowed to run in their own running bib and NOT someone else bib.
- Runners discovered running in someone else bib will be DISQUALIFIED and NOT be entitled to any prizes.
- Any participant who has been found created/suspended/banned in any event sanctioned by Amateur Athletic Association (AAA) will not be allowed to participate and would be disqualified if they do participate in this event.
- Winner prizes are required to redeem on the event day itself, failure to collect on the same day shall be consider as forfeited.
- Winners Age Verification - All winners must produce their identity card (Malaysian) or Passport (Foreigners) for age verification to the organiser before the prize presentation ceremony.
- This is only a guide, and organisers are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages, death and other undesirable occurrences before, during and after the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to make changes to the Event Rules, route and/or other arrangements as they deem appropriate, to cancel and to postpone or reschedule the event date to a later date.
- Cheating is absolutely abhorred. These will be duly disqualified.
- All participants, crew and staff must display courtesy, good taste, decorum, and sportsmanship at all times. Nudity is specifically not allowed.
- All decisions by organisers are final, and no disputes shall be entertained.