HIKE FOR HAPPINESS CARNIVAL 2017
Fun Hiking together with Raising Fund for D’Home
In conjunction with D’Home’s 11th anniversary, we are pleased to announce that the State Government under the EXCO Youth and Sports, Women, Family and Community Development and Majlis Sukan Negeri Pulau Pinang (MSNPP) together with D’Home Mental Health Association is organizing a fundraising charity event “HIKE FOR HAPPINESS CARNIVAL 2017”.
- Raise public awareness on mental health issues in the community.
- Promote healthier life style that includes good physical and mental health through active participation in sports and wholesome activities.
- Reduce societal discrimination and stigma towards people with psychiatric disabilities.
- Introduce and promote innovative ’stress relieving’ lifestyle through participation in fitness activity programs which involves nature.
- Encourage all Penangites to unite for a worthy cause for the benefit of our community.
- Promote our very own beautiful ’Pearl of the Orient’ - Penang, Malaysia.
Date: 5th March 2017 (Sunday)
Time: 07.00am to 01.00pm
Venue: 673A, Jalan Kebun Bunga hike up to Penang Hill, Bukit Bendera
Route: 5.6km, start from Botanical, run towards small garden 1 loop and hike up Penang Hill.
Cut-Off Time: 2 hours.
Date: 3 March, 2017 (Friday) and 4 March, 2017 (Saturday) from 10am – 8pm
Address: 66, Lintang Bukit Jambul, Bukit Jambul, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Phone: +60 4-643 4432
Registration Closing Date: 15 February, 2017.
- Fun Hiking Start From Botanical Gardens at 7 am and Flag off by Chief Minister YAB Lim Guan Eng together with YB Zairil Khir Johari, Dato’ Leslie Lee Kim Guan and Mr Lee Khai other VIP’s and ends at Penang Hill Top Station.
- 2 Water Stations at check point # 46 and 84.
- All participants who completed within 2 hours are entitiled for certificate, a Goodie Bags, Lucky Draw Number and a RM 5.00 Ais Kacang voucher upon completion of hiking (Any of the 5 Ais Kacang stalls in Penang Hill Food Court on 5 March by 1:00pm).
- For First 100 participants are entitled for finishing medal.
08:00am Zumba Performance
09:05am Opening Ceremony (Speech By VIPs)
09:20am Special Performance By Tourism Malaysia
09:25am Mindfulness Exercise
09:45am Modern Dance Performance By USM Students
09:50am Comedy Performance By Miss M
10:00am Performance By Kids
10:15am Chinese Yo-Yo Performance “Diabolo”
10:20am Lucky Draw 1st Round
10:35am Music Therapy
10:45am Lucky Draw 2nd Round
11:05am Laughter Yoga
11:15am Jazz Band Performance By USM Students
12:45pm Prize Giving & Closing Speech
09:30am-12:30pm Free Health Screening - Checks On Diabetes, Blood Pressure And Cholesterol
Children’s Colouring Contest
09:30am-11:00am Age 4 ~ 6 Years Old
09:30am-11:00am Age 7 ~ 9 Years Old
11:00am-12:30pm Age 10 ~ 12 Years Old
11:00am-12:00pm Clowns And Sculptured Balloons
11:00am-13:00pm Face Painting