1. Collection of t-shirt & running bibs
- Collection of running t-shirts and bibs and other entitlements shall be held on 30th June, 2018 (Saturday) from 10:00am to 5:00pm at Dewan Sri Pinang Jalan Tun Syed Sheh Barakbah.
- Kindly bring your registration receipt as proof of registration - printed copy or soft-copy on mobile phone also acceptable. Show of NRIC or Passport also acceptable.
- You can also ask your friend to collect on behalf by passing him/her your registration receipt.
- Failure to collect running bib numbers at the time and place indicated means that participant will not be allowed to participate on event day.
- There will be NO collection held on the event day itself. Unclaimed race pack shall be donated.
- The organisers will try to fulfill the t-shirt sizing indicated by participants on the entry form. However it is not a guarantee that participants shall be provided the “correct” sizes if any discrepancy occurs that is out of the organisers’ control. There shall be no size exchange allowed during the collection day.
- Wearing of official running bib during the event is compulsory, while wearing of official event t-shirts is strongly encouraged.
- Running bib must be visible at all times on the outside of clothing (FRONT of the body). Do not modify, cut or fold the running bib. Do not deface running numbers with stickers, markers, or any writing.
- Please bring along your own recycle bag for group collection. Go Green!
- Strictly no exchange of race bib numbers is allowed, and participants who are found to have done so will be disqualified immediately.
- No registration is required for Competitive runners as participant is compulsory to wear the given timing chip.
- Registration starts at 6:15am-6:30am for family fun run partcipants.
- Late comers will be disqualified.
- No refunds will be entertained once full payment is received.
- Confirmed registrations are not transferable to other persons.
- Registered runners are not allowed to change their categories once the registration is confirmed.
4. Starting Point
- The starting point will be at Esplanade, Padang Kota Lama.
- All 32km Competition participants must be at the starting line at 4:15am, with flag-off at 4:30am.
- All 21km Competition participants must be at the starting line at 5:15am, with flag-off at 5:30am.
- All 10km Competition participants must be at the starting line at 5:45am, with flag-off at 6:00am.
- Family Fun runners must be at the starting line at 6:15am, with flag-off at 6:30am.
5. Baggage Deposit
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage, whether personal or otherwise, to any items contained in the bag deposit.
- Please refer to the route online.
- Runners must follow the route at all times and are not allowed to divert or take short-cuts. Participants who do not follow this will be disqualified.
- For competition runners, there will be timing chip check-point(s) along the route. Failure to captured the timing will be deemed the runner did not run pass-by that check-point.
- Please follow the directions given by officials along the route at all times. Officials have the right to disqualify runners at any point along the route for not following the rules.
- Due to traffic conditions, there will be a time limit for all participants. A sweeper vehicle may be utilized to pick up all remaining runners who the organisers feel may not complete the event within the stipulated time.
- If any participant does not wish to enter the sweeper vehicle when instructed, then he/she is deemed to be no longer a part of the event and their safety will not be the responsibility of the organisers. Their bibs and timing chip will be taken away, and they will not be qualified for medals / certificates / lucky draws.
7. Hydration Stations
- 32km Participants = km4.3, 8.3, 12.0, 14.9, 18.0, 21.8, 23.3, 26.4, 29.6 and 32.0.
- 21km Participants = km4.3, 8.3, 12.5, 15.6, 18.8 and 21.2.
- 10km Participants = km4.3, 8 and Finishing line.
8. Finishing Point
- The finishing point will also be at Esplanade, Padang Kota Lama.
- All participants are required to complete their run at the respective categories’ stations.
- Upon completion, participants are required to show their race bib in exchange for goodies bag / medals at their respective counters.
- Only finishers who complete within the stipulated time shall be provided with finisher medals and lucky draws coupon (if any).
- Finisher medals are required to redeem on the event day itself, failure to collect on the same day shall be consider as forfeited.
- Please do not crowd the finishing area and make your way to the drink / rest areas as soon as possible.
9. Time Limit
- 32km competition run is 5 hours 00 minutes.
- 21km competition run is 3 hours 30 minutes.
- 10km competition run is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Family Fun run is 1 hour 30 minutes..
- Any participant who wishes to withdraw during the event is required to hand in their race bib numbers to any official along the route.
11. Medical Advice
- As a precaution, all participants are advised to undergo a check-up one month prior to the date of the event.
- Medical assistance where possible, organisers shall attempt to have medical teams along the route. However, participants are requested to take care of their own safety before, during and after the event.
- In the event that participant requires medical assistance, please seek the help of the nearest official.
- Participants are required to run on the road excepts as directed by the official or police.
- Unauthorized vehicles are NOT allowed to accompany the runners.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
13. Winner Prizes
- Cash Prizes for the winners are in Ringgit Malaysia. Runners are ONLY allowed to run in their own running bib and NOT someone else bib.
- Runners discovered running in someone else bib will be DISQUALIFIED and NOT be entitled to any prizes.
- Runners spotted having personal unregistered pacer(s) accompanied or any vehicle(s) pacing will also be DISQUALIFIED.
- Any participant who has been found created/suspended/banned in any event sanctioned by Amateur Athletic Association (AAA) will not be allowed to participate and would be disqualified if they do participate in this event.
- Winner prizes are required to redeem on the event day itself, failure to collect on the same day shall be consider as forfeited.
- Winners Age Verification - All winners must produce their identity card (Malaysian) or Passport (Foreigners) for age verification to the organiser before the prize presentation ceremony.
14. Courier Service Fees for Delivery of T-shirt and Running Bibs
- RM20 - Delivery to Peninsula Malaysia.
- RM40 - Delivery to Sabah and Sarawak.
- Please take note that the courier service option will no longer available if register after 21 May, 2018.
- This is only a guide, and organisers are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages, death and other undesirable occurrences before, during and after the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend and/or make changes to the event rules, terms and conditions, race routes and/or other arrangements as they deem fit/appropriate, to cancel, to postpone or reschedule the event date to a later date for the safety of the participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the race, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the race. The organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Cheating is absolutely abhorred. These will be duly disqualified.
- All participants, crew and staff must display courtesy, good taste, decorum, and sportsmanship at all times. Nudity is specifically not allowed.
- All decisions by organisers are final, and no disputes shall be entertained.
I agree to participate in Penang Run on the following basis:
1. By participating I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which would result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of events and will release them against all matters arising out of my participation in events. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel and every personnel invite and ask to be in involve in the event by the organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
2. I understand that I park my vehicle at my own risk and assumes organisers have no responsibility for loss or damage.
3. I acknowledge that events involve the real risk of serious injury, or risk of death, from various causes including over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and road users, the course and weather conditions, just to name a few.
4. I understand that I should not participate in events unless I have prepared appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
5. I understand that the information that I have provided herein will be included in the Actife Style database. I also understand that information of a biological nature including my name, date of birth, home state, results, career highlights and interests may be released to the media in response to general requests.
6. I agree to abide by all the Rules of organisers which relate, in part, to safe and fair sporting practices.
7. I grant organisers the unconditional right to use at their discretion photographic pictures and personal information in any form of media, art, advertising, trade, visual documentary, promotional material, merchandise or film coverage of any kind without compensation to me. I also waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
8. I have permission from my family and related sport associations to compete in this competition.
9. I acknowledge that as a result of my participation in any this event I may be required to submit a drug test sample to the authorised drug testing organisation.
10. I am of the correct age at the event day where I participate in an age category.
11. I understand that should I violate in any rules of others event held in Penang sanction by Penang Amateur Atheletic Association (PAAA), I will not be able to take part in this event.