1. Collection of Wristband
- Collection of Wristband shall be held on
- 7th September, 2018 (Friday) from 2:00pm to 6:00pm.
- 8th September, 2018 (Saturday) from 10:00am to 2:30pm.
- Venue: BSG The Galleria, 52 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Georgetown, Penang. Tel: +60 4-229 6288.
- Kindly bring your registration receipt as proof of registration - printed copy or soft-copy on mobile phone also acceptable.
- Strictly NO collection an hour before flag-off and NO collection on held on the flag-off venue, you can ask your friend to collect on behalf by passing him/her your registration receipt.
- Please bring along your own recycle bag for group collection. Go Green!
- Remember to write your personal information on the wristband and bring it on the event day for after run to exchange for medal.
- No refunds will be entertained once full payment is received.
- Confirmed registrations are not transferable to other persons.
3. Starting Point
- The starting point will be at Padang Brown, Jalan Perak.
- All runners must be at the starting line at 6:00pm, with flag-off at 6:30pm.
- Please refer to the route online.
- Please follow the directions given by officials along the route at all times.
- Due to traffic conditions, there will be a time limit for all participants. A sweeper vehicle may be utilized to pick up all remaining runners who the organisers feel may not complete the event within the stipulated time.
- If any participant does not wish to enter the sweeper vehicle when instructed, then he/she is deemed to be no longer a part of the event and their safety will not be the responsibility of the organisers. They will not be qualified for medal and eCertificate.
5. Finishing Point
- The finishing point will also be at Penang City Stadium, Jalan Perak.
- Upon completion, participants are required to show their wristband in exchange for medal at their respective counters.
- Only finishers who complete within the stipulated time shall be provided with finisher medal.
- Finisher medals are required to redeem on the event day itself, failure to collect on the same day shall be consider as forfeited.
- Please do not crowd the finishing area and make your way to the drink / rest areas as soon as possible and be seated at the stadium seat and ready to enjoy the APMG Grand Opening Ceremony.
6. Time Limit
- The time limit is 30 minutes.
- Any participant who wishes to withdraw during the event is required to hand in their wristband to any official along the route.
8. Medical Advice
- As a precaution, all participants are advised to undergo a check-up one month prior to the date of the event.
- Medical assistance where possible, organisers shall attempt to have medical teams along the route. However, participants are requested to take care of their own safety before, during and after the event.
- In the event that participant requires medical assistance, please seek the help of the nearest official.
- Participants are required to walk on the road excepts as directed by the official or police.
- Unauthorized vehicles are NOT allowed to accompany the walker.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official and medical vehicles.
- This is only a guide, and organisers are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages, death and other undesirable occurrences before, during and after the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend and/or make changes to the event rules, terms and conditions, the routes and/or other arrangements as they deem fit/appropriate, to cancel, to postpone or reschedule the event date to a later date for the safety of the participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the event, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the event. The organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- All participants, crew and staff must display courtesy, good taste, decorum, and sportsmanship at all times. Nudity is specifically not allowed.
- All decisions by organisers are final, and no disputes shall be entertained.
I agree to participate in APMG Opening Ceremony Walk on the following basis:
1. By participating I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation, which would result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all people associated with the conduct of events and will release them against all matters arising out of my participation in events. For clarification, the people released include event organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel and every personnel invite and ask to be in involve in the event by the organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
2. I understand that I park my vehicle at my own risk and assumes organisers have no responsibility for loss or damage.
3. I acknowledge that events involve the real risk of serious injury, or risk of death, from various causes including over exertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and road users, the course and weather conditions, just to name a few.
4. I understand that I should not participate in events unless I have prepared appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
5. I understand that the information that I have provided herein will be included in the Actife Style Concept database. I also understand that information of a biological nature including my name, date of birth, home state, results, career highlights and interests may be released to the media in response to general requests.
6. I agree to abide by all the Rules of organisers which relate, in part, to safe and fair sporting practices.
7. I grant organisers the unconditional right to use at their discretion photographic pictures and personal information in any form of media, art, advertising, trade, visual documentary, promotional material, merchandise or film coverage of any kind without compensation to me. I also waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
8. I have permission from my family and related sport associations to compete in this event.
9. I am of the correct age at the event day where I participate in an age category.