1. Collection of T-Shirt & Race Pack
- Collection of the event T-Shirt and race pack shall be held from 17 ~ 20 August 2022 at the Penang Hill Lower Station Information Counter Beside Ticket Counter (from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm).
- Kindly bring your registration receipt as proof of registration - a printed copy or soft copy on a mobile phone is also acceptable.
- Strictly NO collection is held on the event day itself, you can collect for your friend(s) or ask your friend to collect on your behalf by passing him/her your registration receipt.
- Please bring along your own recycle bag for group collection. Go Green!
- There shall be no size exchange allowed during the collection day. The organisers will try to fulfil the T-shirt sizing indicated by participants on the entry form. However, it is not a guarantee that participants shall be provided with the “correct” sizes if any discrepancy occurs that is out of the organisers’ control.
- Wearing official event T-shirts is strongly encouraged.
- No refunds will be entertained once full payment is received.
- Confirmed registrations are not transferable to other persons.
3. Starting Point
- Please refer to the route online.
- Please follow the directions given by officials along the route at all times.
- Due to the safety of the participants, there strict cut-off time will be imposed.
5. Finishing Point
- The finishing point will be at Dataran, Upper Station Penang Hill
- Upon completion, participants are required to show their race bib in exchange for a medal at the respective counters.
- Only finishers who complete within the stipulated time shall be provided with a finisher medal.
- Finisher medals are required to redeem on the event day itself, failure to collect on the same day shall be considered as forfeited.
- Please do not crowd the finishing area and make your way to the drink/rest areas as soon as possible.
6. Time Limit
- The time limit is 4.5 hours.
- Any participant who wishes to withdraw during the event is required to hand in their wristband to any official along the route.
8. Medical Advice
- As a precaution, all participants are advised to undergo a check-up one month prior to the date of the event.
- Medical assistance where possible, organisers shall attempt to have medical teams along the route. However, participants are requested to take care of their own safety before, during and after the event.
- In the event that the participant requires medical assistance, please seek the help of the nearest official.
9. Safety (Additional COVID-19 SOP to be updated later)
- Participants are required to run on the road and/or path of the trail except as directed by the official or police.
- Unauthorized vehicles are NOT allowed to accompany the runners.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, pushcarts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
- Age calculated as of 21 August 2022.
- If less than fifty (50) entries were received on the closing date, the organiser reserve the right to re-categories the said participant to another category.
- For Category F, if less than fifty (50) entries are received on the closing date, the organiser reserve the right to cancel and refund the registered participants.
- This is only a guide, and organisers are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages, death and other undesirable occurrences before, during and after the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend and/or make changes to the event rules, terms and conditions, race routes and/or other arrangements as they deem fit/appropriate, to cancel, postpone or reschedule the event date to a later date for the safety of the participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the race, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the race.
- The organiser shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- All participants, crew and staff must display courtesy, good taste, decorum, and sportsmanship at all times. Nudity is specifically not allowed.
- All decisions by organisers are final, and no disputes shall be entertained.
I agree to participate in Penang Hill Heritage Forest Challenge on the following basis:
1. By participating, I accept all risks inherent in my participation, which would result in loss of life or permanent injury. Therefore, I am releasing all those involved in the conduct of the event and will release them against all matters arising from my participation in this event. For clarification, those released include event organisers, co-organisers, promoters, sponsors, managers, officers, employees, agents, contractors, and volunteers, including event medical and paramedical personnel, and those invited and requested by the organiser to participate in this event. This release and indemnity will last forever and bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assignees.
2. I understand that I park my vehicle at my own risk and assume organisers have no responsibility for loss or damage.
3. I acknowledge that events involve the real risk of serious injury, or risk death, from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators and road users, and the course and weather conditions, just to name a few.
4. I understand that I should not participate in events unless I have prepared appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
5. I understand that the information that I have provided herein will be included in the Actife Style database. I also understand that information of a biological nature including my name, date of birth, home state, results, career highlights and interests may be released to the media in response to general requests.
6. I agree to abide by all the Rules of organisers which relate, in part, to safe and fair sporting practices.
7. I grant organisers the unconditional right to use at their discretion photographic pictures and personal information in any form of media, art, advertising, trade, visual documentary, promotional material, merchandise or film coverage of any kind without compensation to me. I also waive the right to inspect and/or approve the finished product or the copy that may be used in connection therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
8. I have permission from my family and related sports associations to compete in this event.
9. I am of the correct age on the event day where I participate in an age category.